Wednesday, March 11, 2009

You've got to be kidding me...

My friend Jenny showed me this cute ladybug bedding that she was going to get her daughter and I instantly fell in love.  So when I found out that I was having a girl, I just had to get this bedding (this picture is just the online picture... my nursery isn't that cute).

The sheets are pretty cute too.  Below is a picture of what they look like.  It is basically a bunch of little lady bugs that are pretty much the actual size of real ladybugs.  I lovED this bedding.  So then, what is the problem?  Well let me tell you...

After we moved to Chicago, and after we got this adorable bedding, we realized it is not so adorable anymore.  Why?  Please see the picture below.  These so called lady bugs are actually Asian Lady Beetles that just happen to look like ladybugs and they are EVERYWHERE!  During the winter they tend to migrate into light colored homes (since they resemble rocks where they usually go) and since I live in a light colored home, I see them in my house quite a bit... and mostly in Lyla's room.  So now, I have to be really careful when I set her down or pick her up to make sure her sheets aren't "moving". I know, it's pretty gross and disturbing.  

 
Hopefully with spring coming we will see less of these unwelcome guests.

7 comments:

Judi said...

oh yuck! Kelly, i think it is time for new bedding...my friend had the same problem in here home here in Utah, but with a different type of bug...i'm soooo sorry. good luck with that!

Emily said...

Ugh, I know! They're awful! We have them here too. They stink when you squish them too.

Kira said...

Sorry to hear about that! Bugs are sick! Kylee has the same sheets. I never thought about how the bugs could just blend in like that. Scary!

The Hansons said...

how ironic! im so sorry! especially after you thought they were so cute. its kinda like when you pick out a cute name for your baby and then come to find that someone else that you dont like has that name. ok that was random. hope you guys are doing well way up there!

Michael said...

That is hillarious. Keep those things away from my neice

Dale, Julie, Jaxon, Britta, and Max said...

Hey!!!
Be careful of those asian beatles. They bite~not hard, but it's still obnoxious!
Happy to see your a blogger too ; )
Julie

The Clarks said...

OH NO!!! I hope you aren't mad at me for inspiring you to get that bedding set!! That's different than mine...it's way cute!