Lyla is 6 months. I know, it went by REALLY fast. She is doing so many new and fun things. Here is a small list.
- She jabbers all the time and hums when music is playing.
- She gives hugs and will sometimes dig her fingernails in my neck.
- She gives kisses, which are more like dog kisses because she grabs my face and then licks it and then turns away, all the time. It's cute and gross at the same time.
- She is almost crawling. She can get herself to pretty much whatever she wants to get herself to by scooting/army crawling, or a 1-2 stride crawl and then her face plant. She does get on all fours now and rocks back and forth so she is just about there. We need baby gates.
- Is getting better at sitting up (but hasn't quite perfected it).
- Has started solids.
(Sorry for the old picture, I couldn't find my camera cord)
Anyway, today we had her six month check up and here are her stats:
- Head: 17in (50-75%)
- Length: 27in (90%)
- Weight: 14lbs 2oz (10-25%)
She basically gained .8lbs since her 4 month check up, hence the title of the post, my ethiopian baby! She should weigh more than that, especially since she is so long! I basically feel like a terrible mom and that I am starving her (though she doesn't act like it). Since Lyla is so mobile and just moves all the time, she is burning more calories than she is taking in (which she is still almost all breastmilk). So the doctor said I really need to push her to eat more solids. I swear I feed her all the time and she sleeps pretty well at night and she is smart and mobile and happy... she just isn't gaining enough weight. Kelly=bad mom!