Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Little update...

I have so much blogging to catch up on, but I thought I'd do a little update first...

Ruby is doing GREAT! She smiles all the time and will even laugh on occasion (see video below). We really have to work hard for those laughs still but they are worth it every time! She is eating a little too well... so much that I haven't been able to keep up! I'll feed her as much as I can and then if she is still hungry, she'll have some more in a bottle. So she's pretty much 75% nursing, 25% formula, which I feel pretty good about! Anyway, she is sleeping great. And actually, since we've been "topping her off" with formula at night before bed, she'll pretty much sleep through the night or sleep until 5 or 6 and then go back to sleep. I'm in heaven! Here are a couple of pics I took of her yesterday...

Besides Lyla's first real cold, she is doing great! Her hair is getting much longer and is way longer in the back than in the front... my mullet girl. So I've been trying to find some hairdo's that will work for her. So far it's headbands and pigtails (either for her top half or her lower half... not enough for both :)). She is talking up a storm, likes to kiss "owies" better, sings and dances to all her favorite songs (Her favorites are "Amazing" by Bruno Mars and "Hey Soul Sister" by Train), loves to help in the kitchen and with cleaning, can identify all the letters in the alphabet, and loves to sleep with her stuffed animals. She makes us laugh every day!

Perhaps her newest thing is that she is in the beginning stages of being potty trained. Lyla hates sitting in her "poopy" diapers and wants to be changed right away. Then she started getting uncomfortable when she wets her diaper. So we have been slowly introducing the potty, bought her some training underwear and some regular underwear, got her a little toilet seat insert so she doesn't fall through the seat, and bought two things of carpet cleaner :) She LOVES it! So far, she has gone #2 on the potty 4 or 5 times on her own accord. We haven't worked on full potty training yet, but I think we'll start to hit it hard in the next few days. Wish us luck!
Lyla's crazy do...
This picture reminds me of Ace Ventura: "When Nature Calls" when he is fighting that tribe and his hair is all crazy and they call him "White Devil". Anyone else?
And then the video of Ruby laughing.

Oh, and then lastly, Nate and I have officially signed up to do our first 1/2 marathon at the beginning of June. I think it's called 13.1 - Chicago and it goes up and down the lake shore of the city (my kind of race)! I have NO idea how we're going to train with our two kids, but we'll have to make it work!

7 comments:

Jen Low said...

Ruby is adorable and I TOTALLY know exactly what the "white devil" look is, that's hilarious!! What a cute family.

The Grady's said...

Oh my gosh! Colin has the same problem - I cannot keep up with his feedings in the evening and have to give him a bottle to "top him off"...which totally knock him out for a good 4-5 hours. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has to supplement with formula to feed my child's insatiable hunger! Your girls are so beautiful, Kelly!

Tasha said...

HAHA I laughed so hard about the Ace Ventura- she has so much personality it is so funny. I just love it! And Ruby is so flippin' gorgeous. She is sleeping better then Kaden!! Sleep makes such a difference huh? I am glad you guys are doing good.


You will totally rock a half marathon. How is life with two kiddos? Harder? The same? Give me advice.

Heidi said...

Totally agree on the Ace Ventura hairdo! And I love that Ruby yawns right after Nate does at the end of that cute video! so sweet!

Amy Rex said...

Good luck in your race! I just got me some new running shoes so I am thinking about doing a race. Training isn't easy, but you will feel awesome for doing something so tough! :)

Candace said...

Okay... Ruby is so beautiful. What a sweetheart. And, LYLA is potty training!!! Oh, I miss girls. Not one of my boys would consider potty training so young. Lauren was fully trained at 2 1/2, but she was my earliest. And Lyla knows the alphabet! Wow, Mom!

Chelsea said...

I think you guys are amazing for both training and running a half marathon, and I think you can totally do it! Your two girls are just DARLING!