Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lyla's first day of Preschool and some fun pics

A group of my mom friends out here and I got together and decided to do a little preschool for our littles and today was Lyla's first day! She LOVED it! I told her about it on Sunday and she had not stopped talking about going to school until she walked through the door. The only thing that she was more excited about was her new (to her) Dora backpack! She rolls that thing everywhere she goes in the house! And yes, it is a "roller backpack" and the inner nerd in her is so excited about it!

Her first "First day of school" photo! Love the forced smile! She look so worried!

Being a dork for the camera... I love her!!

All the little kiddo's. Lyla and Izzy's smile are SO FUNNY in this pic!
Thanks for the pic Emily!

These pics of Lyla were taken yesterday because she was so excited about her new backpack. I tried getting her to smile for the camera and she did this...

and this...
Finally a laugh/smile from her that looks genuine!

And here are a few of Ruby...

First of all, her hair is getting so LONG! Her bangs are at least an inch past her eyes and always in her face. I'd cut them but then I feel like I'd have to keep cutting and cutting. They just need to grow and I need to train them stay to the side. Anyway, for now I am trying to get her hair out of her eyes and while she was drinking her bottle this morning, I did these pigtails on her and they go nowhere but UP! That's all her does when in an elastic. So, although she looks a little silly, she still looks super cute!

And because Lyla got a new backpack, we also gave Ruby a new (to her) purse, which she loves to carry around with her as well...
Today is actually the first day she started to say "cheese" and smile along with it! I'm such a proud mommy!!

Isn't her hair great in these pics? I did it before Nate left for school and he said, "Ruby, I'm sorry I leave you at home with your mom all day long".

Love my sweet and funny girls!!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Oh my heavens! Where do I start? I love Izzy and Lyla's faces in the preschool pictures. They look like they are in such pain. And the pig tail? To die for! Love Ruby.

Anne Marie said...

So so cute! I love crazy baby girls' hair! And what a big lady Lyla is! I'm sure she loves it!!! I'm glad I get to read your updates!!!

Stacy Pettersen said...

So cute! I agree, don't cut her bangs!