Monday, February 6, 2012

yummy yummy food

I'm not really one to post much about food on this blog. But I have just been eating so dang good lately, thanks to my new favorite food site, Our Best Bites. I've heard really great things about this site/blog, but I don't think I really understood until I started making some of their stuff. This may be a bad thing for my waist line :-/

We have all been a little under the weather here in our home and so we stayed home from church yesterday. Since it was Super Bowl Sunday, I decided that we just HAD to eat really good, even if we weren't in the company of other's. So yesterday morning we made crepes for the first time ever. They were SOOOO good! We served them with Nutella, banana's, strawberries, blueberries, and homemade whipped cream. Gosh, they were delightful. Here is the link for the recipe... Crepes. (sorry, no pics of them).

We were supposed to have the following dish for dinner last night (Super Bowl Sunday), but we had our big breakfast AND a big lunch, that we weren't even hungry by the time dinner rolled around. So we saved this recipe for tonight.

I am rarely pushed to the point of blogging about food, but this recipe set me over the edge and here I am, before dinner is even cleaned up in the kitchen. Who am I?

Orange Teriyaki Salmon (click link to see step-by-step instructions)

(pic of my leftovers)

This was simply mouth-watering! It was sweet, moist, just the right amount of fish taste, and had plenty of juices to spare so you can even use some as a sauce for rice if you'd like. Wild rice would taste great with this. Anyway, we served with baked potatoes, balsamic asparagus, bread, and salad. My tummy is so happy right now.

Eat up my friends, eat up :)

Durham friends, if any of you like salmon and want to partake of this deliciousness, let me know and I'll make this for you (you never know who like's fish)! I already have a nice fat salmon filet ready in my freezer. This will be made again soon. :)

1 comment:

Rach said...

This looks so good that I am putting it on the menu this week! Thanks kel! Btw, I am totally gonna call soon and we can chat...it has been way too long since we have caught up with you guys. Love you!