Sunday, January 20, 2013

Find The Monster

Bedtime routine for the kids is pretty big in our home.  It typically goes: Brush their teeth, read 1 or 2 books, say family prayer, and sing a song or two.  Recently, however, we have added in a fun little element to our bedtime routine: Find The Monster.  Find the Monster is basically hide-and-go-seek in the dark with flashlights.  It's fun, goes pretty quick, and the girls love it.  Plus, it's a pretty great bribing tool. :)

Counting on the stairs for Find the Monster.

Fast forward to today.  We went to a COLE Fellow brunch for Nate at the COLE Fellow leader's home.  They had a really nice home with really nice stuff.  So, as we were about to leave and were saying our goodbye's, I found Ruby trying to shut herself in a closet.  Embarrassed since there was about 15 people right there, including the owners, I quickly grabbed Ruby and told her not to go into closets.  She sort of panicked and opened another closet door.  I quickly shut it and told her again that she can't go looking in peoples' closets.  Then, I hear Lyla yelling out "1, 2, 3, 4..." and it all clicked.  Ruby was trying to hide from Lyla.  So Ruby, not knowing where to hide, heads over to the huge entryway rug and wiggles herself underneath it and lays so still with her little legs poking out.  I really wish I got a picture of it because it was hilarious.  The wife of the COLE Leader said something to the effect of Ruby getting into all the places that people were not supposed to see.  I was mortified, but it was so funny and cute I still let her lay underneath that rug like she was in her best hiding spot ever.

I have the cutest kids in the world!

No comments: