Friday, September 13, 2013

wish me luck...

Now that I have finally finished blogging about Thailand (took 5 posts!), I can move on with my blogging.  Hallelujah! I started a book club out here and I'm reading ahead on our list.  Our next book is It's All Too Much: An Easy Plan For Living A Richer Life With Less Stuff. I have an audible account and have been listening to this book as I get housework done. 


Listening to this book has seriously motivated me to get rid of our clutter! Our garage is still full of boxes, our mudroom is a mess, and our guest bedroom/toy room is just embarrassing.  Our other areas of the home aren't too bad, but we will still go through everything.  However, I am just so tired of all the stuff we have that we have been saving, just in case.  Peter Walsh first encourages you to imagine the home you want to live in.  To imagine just how you want each and every room. And then work from there to achieve that goal.  He has you get rid of trash and the obvious clutter, but also things that you haven't used in the last year. And you get rid of anything that stands in the way of your goal for your home.  So, that is what our weekend will be dedicated to and we are going to have to be ruthless.  Hopefully, we will come out of this feeling better and more organized in our home, rather than argue why throwing out X, Y, and Z is a bad idea.  Wish us luck!

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

That sounds interesting! This move has definitely been a GREAT opportunity for us to declutter and I love it! I hate stuff. :)

Jocelyn said...

I LOVE that book! I read it by chance after I saw it at the library, and it is so awesome. I tried to get my mom to read it, haha. :) I think it's such a great book at explaining our relationship to things and helping us deal with them.