Ruby will be 1 in one month. Where did the time go? Did the year seriously go that quickly?
I thought I'd do a little post on her because 1) she's cute, 2) I have tons of cute/funny pics of her lately, and 3) Her babyhood is almost over! Bah!!
Ruby is pretty much the person glued to my hip. She's the baby who watches my every move whenever I am in eyesight and when I leave a room, she watches that last spot she saw me very intently until I return. And anytime I am in the kitchen, she goes straight to me and hangs onto my legs just because that's where she feels like she should be.
Another funny thing about her is that if I am feeding her and she runs out of food, she makes this sound that can only be compared to revving an engine until she is fed some more, and the process goes on until she is full. She is also a human vacuum, which tells me how bad of a job I do at keeping our floors clean. I don't even want to know how much she has eaten off the floor as a result of my failure to sweep up after each and every one of her meals! Even if I think they are clean, she always manages to find SOMETHING!
I'm pretty sure Lyla gave her an Oreo.Another cute/funny thing about Ruby is her hair. She has awesome hair and I am totally jealous of it because mine is not so awesome. It is also a little intimidating because I don't know how to do anything but pony tails, pigtails, and half-up (all things I can do with Lyla's hair). I know I won't need it now but I don't even know how to french braid!!
She woke up from a nap with some crazy bed-head!
Her first pigtails.
After we took them out.And a few other last things...
- Rub is just a good and easy baby. Anyone who babysits her or spends some time with her has all said those same two things. She's just so chill!
- She LOVES to snuggle and burrow her face into us or a soft blanket or whatever. Nate and I are eating that side up as much as we can!
- She loves to give big open mouth kisses.
- She thinks it's hilarious to be mischievous. Our carbon monoxide detector is in the middle of the hallway upstairs and she crawls straight for it every time we put her down and tries to push the button, laughing the entire time. If she goes deaf, I blame the detector!
- She still doesn't have any teeth.
- She can stand on her own but quickly grabs me or sits down when she realizes it.
- She adores Lyla. ADORES!
- Loves the marshmallows in Lucky Charms cereal.
- Only throws a fit when she's hungry or really, really tired.
- Makes noises similar to the Aflac duck.
- LOVES to play in the water. I have to be extremely careful with her in the pool. I know you're thinking, "well duh!" but even when I have her in a little baby float thing, she tries her darndest to put her face in that water to drink and dive into it. That's all she wants to do, dive in and it takes almost all my energy to keep her from doing so! And in the bathtub, she goes crazy splashing with her hands and crawling all around, even over Lyla... it drives Lyla nuts! But all Rub wants to do in the water is play, play, play!
- Recently learned to clap. All I have to do is say "YAY" in this high-pitched singsong voice and she just starts clapping! It's the CUTEST thing!
I took this one of her as she was crawling on me trying to attack :)