Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

First off, a big HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my husband, my dad, my step-dad, and my father-in-law.  All four are amazing men and I feel so incredibly blessed to have each of them in my life.  How did I get so lucky?

We decided to do some site seeing for Father's Day weekend and we had so much fun having some good ol' family time!

Saturday, we started the day off with my favorite breakfast place in the world... The ORIGINAL Pancake House.  A little background of this place.... I have been going to this place (in a location in Cali) since I was little and my stepdad takes each of his kids and grandkids for their birthday's every year.  So when I saw this place in Seattle, I was pumped!  Oh, and don't confuse this with IHOP because IHOP doesn't even come close to the goodness of The Original Pancake House.  


I got my usual, the German Pancake (or Dutch Baby).  You serve it with lemon juice and powdered sugar... sooooo yummmmmmy! 


Lyla and Ruby split their chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes...


Nate got blueberry pancakes...


Rube with her food...


For some reason my girls like to eat lemons...



After our amazing breakfast, we went to the Ballard Locks and Fish Ladder.



I'm not gonna lie, it was sort of fascinating seeing how the boats get from salt water to fresh water (Lake Union).  



When they open the gate when a boat is traveling back into fresh water, the fresh water is a few inches higher so it rushes back into the canal and prevents the salt water from mixing too much with the fresh. Did that make sense?




Cousin It... I mean Ruby...

This is what she thought of me pinning her hair back...



After checking out the Locks, we went over to the fish ladder where the salmon migrate from salt water to fresh.  Because they built the Locks, they had to build a fish ladder for the little guys...


I don't know if you can see it but there is a blackish salmon jumping up the ladder.  So cool!





Cute little story: Lyla and I have been practicing her Father's Day song all week that she was supposed to sing with the primary kids on Father's Day.  She loved the song but she didn't like singing with all those kids.  I think it makes her nervous or something.  Anyway, she was so excited to sing it for Nate for Father's Day.  So on our way to the car from the Locks, Lyla and Nate were holding hands and she just started singing him his Father's Day song, all by herself.  It was such a cute and touching little serenade and Nate was in daddy heaven.  It melted both our hearts and Lyla was giggling out of excitement, embarrassment, and whatever else that girl was feeling.  And of course, when it came to actually singing with all the primary kids, she was totally uncomfortable and didn't sing a peep.  Oh well, she loves and adores her daddy and she definitely shows it every single day.

On actual Father's Day, we went to church, relaxed, talked to family, and ate a yummy dinner.


Nate and the girls with their Father's Day gifts they gave him.

Dinner :) 
Nate and Ruby
 Happy Father's Day to the best man, husband, and father I know.  My girls are so very lucky to have Nate as their dad and I could not have chosen a better man for the job.  We love you Nate!!!

No comments: