Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Day #3 - Music and Dance

I am thankful for music because it moves my very soul and makes me feel on such a deep level. I don't know what it is, but it can make me laugh, cry, get extremely giddy and excited, make me want to dance around uncontrollably. I love music!! There are a few songs in particular that when they start playing, I just sort of stop everything and breathe in their beauty. Anyway, here is one of those songs that I first heard in the modern day Romeo and Juliet (with Leonardo DiCaprio... my celebrity crush since Titanic :))

I promise this is not as risque as it looks :)

But when you combine music with DANCE, oh man... that just kills me in all the right ways. So You Think You Can Dance is one of my favorite shows and these dances are a few of my favorites ever. Seriously, take the time to watch because these dances are phenomenal!

The first, Bleeding Love performed by Mark and Chelsea... Dancing, song, story, oh man!

This Woman's Work, performed by Melissa and Ade is a dance about breast cancer... makes me cry every time. Watch it!

Gravity, performed by Kayla and Kupono... a dance about addiction. Gosh, this dance makes me so grateful I don't battle with addiction and so sad for those who do. Sooo good!

And just so you don't think that I only like sad songs and dances, do yourself a favor and check these bad boys out. I couldn't embed these next two in here but they are some sweeeeeeet hip hop songs that seriously make me consider creating a double life where I have some wicked cool moves like these...

My chick Bad - Twitch and I think her name is Lauren. This makes me want to be in a western.

Outta Your Mind - performed by Twitch and Alex. This just makes me want to get outta my mind and LOSE IT! :)

And this one performed by Danny and Lauren just makes me blissfully happy and gets me smiling :)

No comments: